Dayton Child Custody Lawyer
Helping Clients With Child Custody Matters in Ohio
When parents separate or divorce, one of the most important issues they face is how to handle child custody. At Arnold & Arnold, our Dayton child custody attorneys understand how important your children are to you, and we are here to help you protect your parental rights. We stand as a pillar of strength, providing unparalleled guidance for those traversing the complex terrain of child custody. We recognize that every family is unique, and we are committed to securing the best interests of your children.
Call Arnold & Arnold today at (937) 888-2909 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our child custody attorney in Dayton.
What is Child Custody?
Child custody encompasses the legal and practical relationship between parents and their children, defining how responsibilities and rights are distributed after separation or divorce. At Arnold & Arnold, we comprehend the emotional nuances entwined with such cases and approach each situation with empathy and a comprehensive understanding of Ohio's family laws.
How Is Child Custody Decided in Ohio?
Navigating the intricate web of child custody determinations requires an in-depth understanding of Ohio's legal framework. Ohio prioritizes the child's best interests when making custody decisions, considering factors such as each parent's ability to deliver a stable environment, the child's relationship with each parent, and the child's adjustment to their home, school, and community.
We are well-versed in Ohio's statutes and precedents. We employ a strategic and personalized approach to present your case in the most favorable light. Whether through negotiation or litigation, our goal is to secure a custody arrangement that safeguards the welfare of your children.
What are the Different Types of Custody?
Child custody in Ohio can take various forms, each with its unique implications.
- Legal Custody: This grants a parent the authority to make important decisions regarding the child's upbringing, like education, healthcare, and religious practices.
- Physical Custody: This determines where the child resides and how time is divided between parents. It can be sole (one parent has primary physical custody) or joint (both parents share physical custody).
- Joint Custody: In cases where joint decision-making is feasible and in the child's best interest, the court may award joint legal custody. Joint physical custody, where the child spends substantial time with both parents, is also a possibility.
- Visitation Rights: Even if one parent is not awarded physical custody, they may still be granted visitation rights to keep a meaningful relationship with their child.
The court examines various factors to determine the fitness of a parent when awarding custody. Some common considerations include:
- History of Abuse: Any evidence of physical, emotional, or substance abuse can significantly impact a parent's fitness.
- Stability and Environment: The court assesses each parent's capacity to provide a stable and suitable living environment for the child.
- Willingness to Foster the Child's Relationship with the Other Parent: Courts favor parents who encourage a positive relationship between the child and the other parent.
- Mental and Physical Health: The mental and physical well-being of each parent is a crucial factor in determining custody.
At Arnold & Arnold, our child custody lawyers in Dayton bring a wealth of experience, compassion, and dedication to every case. We are committed to safeguarding the well-being of your children while advocating for your parental rights. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and embark on the path toward a child custody resolution that protects your family's future. With us by your side, you can face the challenges of child custody with confidence and assurance.
Contact Arnold & Arnold today to get started with our Dayton child custody lawyer.
Best Legal Representation in Dayton
“They are supportive and have a great staff at the firm. Best legal representation in Dayton!”
She Made it a Breeze
“She encouraged me to ask any questions I had along the way and never made me feel stupid for asking about something I didn’t understand.”
They Always Respond to Calls
“Extremely knowledgeable about law...they always respond to calls and are extremely personable.”
Fresh Take on the Traditional
“What I like about Adam is his willingness to look at something and say "what if" or "how can we do that?"”
Helped Me Immensely
“Mr. Arnold provided me with invaluable legal assistance... I have peace of mind thanks to his knowledge, experience, and professionalism.”
We Have Experience
Our team has years of experience advocating for our clients, in the courtroom and around the negotiating table.
We Actually Listen
We're client-focused, and what you say means something to us. We'll tailor your representation to your actual needs.
We Go to Trial
We don't shy away from the courtroom, and you can count on us to represent you with confidence if your case comes to a trial.
We Get Results
When it matters most, you want a firm that wins. It comes down to this - results matter, and we do whatever it takes to best serve you.